Tuesday, December 7, 2010

December 7 - A Date Living in Infamy

I have a craft post, and a Bible Alive! Tuesday post planned for later today. But, I wanted to throw out a quick reminder to all of my fellow homeschoolers - today is Pearl Harbor Day.

It marks the 69th anniversary of the bombing of Pearl Harbor. We will be listening to President Roosevelt's "infamy" speech, that I pulled off of YouTube, below (or at least, that's my plan). I'm sure the History Channel has a few video clips worth watching, as well.




It's great to be a homeschooler.

5 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

It's easy to forget important dates in the rush of the holiday season.

Debbie said...

Today is one day that never seems to go missing in our home. Papa reminds us every year. You beat him though!

Ticia said...

A good reminder, hadn't realized it was 69 years.

Marcee said...

memThank you for the reminder Leah. We took the time to listen to it.

Christy Killoran said...

I remember thinking this when I looked at the calendar this morning, but then I forgot again. I'm making a note to check out the clips with my oldest later today.